University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest is the oldest and most prestigious engineer school in Romania. Its traditions are related to the establishment, in 1818, by Gheorghe Lazăr, of the first higher technical school with teaching in Romanian, at the Saint Sava Abbey in Bucharest. In 1832, it was reorganized into the St. Sava College. On 1 October 1864, The School of Bridges and Roads, Mines and Architecture was established, which becomes, on 30 October 1867, The School of Bridges, Roads and Mines, with a duration of 5 years. Under the leadership of Gheorghe Duca, on 1 April 1881, the institution acquires a new structure, under the name of The National School of Bridges and Roads; on 10 June 1920, the Politehnica School of Bucharest was founded, with four departments: Electromechanics, Civil Engineering, Mines and Metallurgy, Industrial Section. From November 1920 the name changes to POLITEHNICA of Bucharest. On 3 August 1948, the Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest was founded, which initially included 4 faculties and in which, since 1950, have appeared most of the current faculties. Based on the resolution of the Senate of November 1992, the Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest became University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest.
Splaiul Independentei 313, Rumunia